6 Steps to INCREASING Spray Tan REVENUES
When you are starting a spray tanning business or want to grow what you already have, there are a few key things for your success to keep in mind.
1) Your initial investment: Don’t cheap out on your solutions and your equipment. Get good equipment that isn't going to break down on you with fly-by-night unknown manufacturers or made in China where you may have little control when things break down leading to a whole variety of hassles. It is best to look for equipment with excellent warranties by top quality manufacturers. You want your spray-tanning gun to run and function flawlessly, covering maximum skin with an excellent controllable spray nozzle that will help you spray tan your clients skin with more than satisfactory results.
2) Banish the thought of orange: Scientific advancements in sunless tanning formulations have eliminated the 'orange' look in favour of a more natural glow. Make sure your clients are aware that better formulations coupled with the proper concentration of dihydroxyacetone (DHA) can deliver a tan so natural, only the client and technician will know otherwise. When you purchase a top quality solution, your client will discover the difference and this will translate into 'client retention.' In other words, they will come back for more!
3) Practice and Training: There is no license required to be a spray technician—a steady arm, patience and a willingness to learn are all that is needed to be up and running in no time at all. You can also help boost your confidence and technique by taking an online course like the sunless 101 or take live training.
4) Choose the right solution: A sunless tanning solution should leave results that can be seen and felt. A good spray tanning solution should be natural-looking, oil-free, alcohol-free, fragrance-free, hypoallergenic and formulated to promote healthy skin. Solutions should also dry in seconds (not minutes), and should not leave a sticky, greasy feeling or stain clothing.
5) Customize solutions for clients' skin type: In order to help your client look his or her best, you need to be able to customize your spray tan solution for each individual. One colour does not fit all. Assess each client's skin type and have a consultation on expectations before formulating and matching which colour of solution will best work for them. Everyone has different skin tones as some have cooler undertones, while others have warmer tones along with various levels of darkness of skin pigment.
6) Calculate the right pricing: Know your market—local market conditions, competition and demographics will influence pricing. For a full-body application, typical prices range from $35-$55 for a 15-minute treatment with a price break for multiple applications. Face, neck, shoulders and arms applications range from $20-$30 for a 6 to 12-minute treatment and face and neck applications can range from $10-$15 for a five-minute treatment. Most people can spray tan 4 customers per hour. If you charged $45.00 per spray tan with your cost being $5.00 per spray tan. That leaves you a profit of $40.00 plus tips for a 15 minute service!
Get in touch with Aviva Labs Canada and discover what it is like to receive a natural spray tan that dries instantly and goes on silky smooth. It’s time to feel good by showing off your healthy tan.
Canadian Wholesaler of Aviva Labs Spray Tan Solutions, Skin Care and Equipment